Proposals for the 2018-2019 Exhibition Program are due Sunday, March 18, 2017 (11:59 PM - Central Standard Time)
Lawndale is pleased to announce an open call for submissions from artists and curators locally, regionally, and nationally for our traditional galleries, Sculpture Garden, and other non-traditional sites including the elevator, stairwells, windows, and other forms of intervention.
Exhibitions selected through this open call will be programmed through Fall/Winter 2018 – Spring/Summer 2019. Applicants will be notified by April 3, 2018.
Review Process & Criteria
Lawndale encourages proposals from artists and curators that include, but are not limited to, the visual and performing arts in all media. All proposals are reviewed by Lawndale’s Programming Committee and proposals selected based on quality and innovation.
Lawndale offers an honorarium of $1,000 to $1,500 for each exhibition in order to assist with costs related to materials, travel, packing and/or shipping of artwork. Additional, Lawndale-approved support is available for materials, exhibition design, public programs, writer honorarium, and poster/book design and printing.
Proposals are accepted through Submittable.com. All files must be complete and compatible with Submittable and include the following information:
- Artist or Curator Statement (250 words max)
- Project Description, including proposed gallery and installation requirements (500 words max)
- Why is Lawndale the right venue for this project (250 words max)
- What impact do you believe this project will have on your career at this time (250 words max)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) saved as PDF or Word Document
- A maximum of 10 images and captions (title, year, medium, dimensions) representative of the proposal in JPG format. Videos must be no longer than 5 minutes and must include proper caption information
Please email email@example.com with questions as they relate to the submission process.
our website for floorplans and images of Lawndale's galleries.